OUR MISSION STATEMENT
CAHT’s mission is to support the fight against human trafficking and related domestic violence issues by providing educational awareness and prevention activities to schools and the community- at- large. The ten-year nonprofit works with multi-cultural groups in providing short-term housing and other basic needs to families as well as mentoring, scholarships, and referral services. They also donate needed funding and/or tangible items to at-risk youth, law enforcement, regional anti-human trafficking nonprofits, and rehabilitation homes and centers.
PO Box 5491, Sun City Center, Florida 33571, wwwsccblueheart.org
WHAT WE DO
CAHT-SouthShore is a registered nonprofit (501)(c)(3) all-volunteer organization offering funding and services throughout the tri-county area. We are located in Sun City Center, Florida.
• Prevention and Education Programs on Human Trafficking, Domestic Violence, Social Media, Pornography, Bullying, Senior Abuse and Trauma Signs Recognition to Area Schools, Healthcare Providers, Churches, County Social Agencies, Nonprofit Service Organizations, Clubs, Healthcare Facilities, and Food Pantries. Many of These Programs are Made Possible by Grants from Mission of the Month Grant from Sun City Center United Methodist Church, the Sun City Center Interfaith Council, Hillsborough County Commission on Human Trafficking, and our Generous Donors.
• Donate Funds and Services to an Array of Organizations and Schools who Support Efforts to Stop Human Trafficking and Domestic Violence Victims.
• Fund Scholarships for Struggling Teens and Others Who Would Not Be Able to Fulfill Their Education and Training Advancement Plans. We Focus on our Hispanic and Multi-cultural Communities. We also Offer Volunteer Mentoring to Students and Adults.
• Provide Tangible Items and Services to Law Enforcement, Human Trafficking and Domestic Violence Safe and Rehabilitation Centers, Healthcare Facilities, Community Events, and Social Services Agencies Through our Victim Services Program. In 2020, We Have Donated over 200 Rescue/New Beginnings Backpacks plus Other Items Throughout the South Shore and Tampa Bay areas.
• Offer Safe, Emergency Shelter for Families and Individuals that Need to be Removed Immediately Out of Harm’s Way. We also Provide Referral Services for Families and Individuals who Need Mental Health Guidance, Legal Services, Employment and Housing. In 2020, We have Helped Over 56 Struggling Families and Individuals in the South Shore Area.
• Provide Mentors and Tutors in Multiple Areas to Schools and Social Service Groups Involved in Human Trafficking, Domestic Violence and/or Involved in Helping Vulnerable Families. We Also Provide Other Resources to our Community Partners.
DID YOU KNOW? PTSD (Posttraumatic-Stress-Disorder is diagnosed after a person experiences symptoms for at least one month following a traumatic even; however, symptoms may not appear for even years later. This applies to adults, adolescents’ and even children. The disorder is characterized by three main types of symptoms:++ Re-experiencing the…
Gannon University Symposium An Overview of Human Trafficking hosted by CAHT, Friday, Feb. 19, all day, at Gannon University. By invitation only – for Graduate students. More information forthcoming.
The Caribbean Party and Silent Auction is still on! December 5, 2021 It’s a GO– Your tickets are still good! Caloosa Golf Club More information forthcoming
It takes a team’s collaboration, offering a wide range of services and expertise to assist struggling young adults in helping them find their way to a healthier lifestyle and positive wellness. Because of the COVID19 pandemic J.C. (not her real name) found herself jobless and homeless. It was fortunate for…
We received over the last two months 46 donations and over 16 deliveries of assorted tangible items. The basic needs items have been delivered to various nonprofits in the area to help struggling families, and the donations will go toward supporting our area social agencies as well as funding the…
New CAHT bracelet – Not for Sale, Freedom to Thrive! Pick up one at our general meetings or community outreach programs.
The Workshop has been postponed, and will be rescheduled later. Thank you Another Healthcare-Wellness Workshop in March – March 26, 9 am to NoonDon’t Miss This! Thursday, March 26, 9-noon, United Methodist Church, Special workshop: John Mayo, M.A., L.M.H.C. co-founder and deputy executive director of Success 4 Kids & Families…
YOU CAN NOW HAVE YOUR AMAZON PURCHASES HELP OUR CAUSE “Amazon is tripling the donation amount to 1.5% when customers make their first eligible smile.amazon.com purchase from March 12 – 31″. Read about the promotion – – > AmazonSmile 1.5% Promo . Please consider making your Amazon purchases…
Get Help. Report a Tip. Request Services.
1 (888) 373-7888
National Human Trafficking Resource Center
SMS: 233733 (Text "HELP" or "INFO")
Hours: 24 hours, 7 days a week
Languages: English, Spanish and 200 more languages
CAHT and its members do not discriminate against anyone for reasons of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, nationality, ethnicity, legal status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or expression, military status, in any of its activities or operations. CAHT complies with the Hillsborough County Human Rights Ordinance and Federal and State Non-discrimination regulations and laws.