CAMPAIGN AGAINST HUMAN TRAFFICKING AND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE-SOUTH SHORE, INC. (CAHT)
Mending Broken Hearts
HOW WE CONNECT WITHIN OUR COMMUNITY – WHAT WE DO!
- Prevention and Education Programs on Human Trafficking, Domestic Violence, Social Media Misuse, Pornography, Anti-Bullying, Senior Abuse and Trauma Signs Recognition to Area Schools, Healthcare Providers, Churches, County Social Agencies, Nonprofit Service Organizations, Clubs, Healthcare Facilities, and Food Pantries.
- Created Puppeteer Show on Anti-bullying for Elementary and Middle School Students with Specific Activities for Teachers to Use.
- Donate Funds and Services to an Array of Organizations and Schools who Support Efforts to Stop Human Trafficking and Domestic Violence Victims.
- Fund Scholarships for Struggling Teens and Others Who Would Not Be Able to Fulfill Their Education and Training Advancement Plans. We Focus on our Hispanic and Multi-cultural Communities. We also Offer Volunteer Mentoring to Students and Adults.
- Provide Tangible Items and Services to Law Enforcement, Human Trafficking and Domestic Violence Safe and Rehabilitation Centers, Healthcare Facilities, Community Events, and Social Services Agencies Through our Victim Services Program. Since 2020, We Have Donated over 349 Rescue/New Beginnings Backpacks Plus Other Items Throughout the South Shore and Tampa Bay areas.
- Offer Safe, Emergency Shelter for Families and Individuals that Need to be Removed Immediately Out of Harm’s Way. We also Provide Referral Services for Families and Individuals who Need Mental Health Guidance, Legal Services, Employment and Housing. Since 2021, We Have Helped Over 74 Struggling Families and Individuals, 4 Human Trafficking Victims, 2 Senior Abuse Cases, and 12 Struggling Teens in the South Shore Area.
- Provide Mentors and Tutors in Multiple Areas to Schools and Social Service Groups Involved in Human Trafficking, Domestic Violence and/or Involved in Helping Vulnerable Families. We Also Provide Other Resources to Our Community Partners.
- Offer Support and Education Opportunities to Our Underserved Populations in Our Community, Specifically Targeting Hispanic Families.
Many of These Programs are Made Possible by Grants from Mission of the Month Grant from Sun City Center United Methodist Church, the Sun City Center Interfaith Council, Hillsborough County Commission on Human Trafficking, and our Generous Donors.
For more information, contact Interim and Past President, Annie Garrison at 434-409-1618 or email@example.com Check out our web page – www.sccblueheart.org.
General Meetings are the 3rd Monday of each month, September thru May. Sign up for our membership email blast by contacting Membership Chair, Jean Harrison, at 813-633-6090 or Jean9910@aol.com. CAHT membership dues are $20 a year – a great investment in the future of young women, students and struggling families!
Send donations to PO Box 5491, Sun City Center, Florida 33571
or 18242 US Hwy 301S, Wimauma, FL, 33598