OUR MISSION STATEMENT
CAHT’s mission is to support the fight against human trafficking and related domestic violence issues by providing educational awareness and prevention activities to schools and the community- at- large. The ten-year nonprofit works with multi-cultural groups in providing short-term housing and other basic needs to families as well as mentoring, scholarships, and referral services. They also donate needed funding and/or tangible items to at-risk youth, law enforcement, regional anti-human trafficking nonprofits, and rehabilitation homes and centers.
PO Box 5491, Sun City Center, Florida 33571, wwwsccblueheart.org
WHAT WE DO
CAHT-SouthShore is a registered nonprofit (501)(c)(3) all-volunteer organization offering funding and services throughout the tri-county area. We are located in Sun City Center, Florida.
• Prevention and Education Programs on Human Trafficking, Domestic Violence, Social Media, Pornography, Bullying, Senior Abuse and Trauma Signs Recognition to Area Schools, Healthcare Providers, Churches, County Social Agencies, Nonprofit Service Organizations, Clubs, Healthcare Facilities, and Food Pantries. Many of These Programs are Made Possible by Grants from Mission of the Month Grant from Sun City Center United Methodist Church, the Sun City Center Interfaith Council, Hillsborough County Commission on Human Trafficking, and our Generous Donors.
• Donate Funds and Services to an Array of Organizations and Schools who Support Efforts to Stop Human Trafficking and Domestic Violence Victims.
• Fund Scholarships for Struggling Teens and Others Who Would Not Be Able to Fulfill Their Education and Training Advancement Plans. We Focus on our Hispanic and Multi-cultural Communities. We also Offer Volunteer Mentoring to Students and Adults.
• Provide Tangible Items and Services to Law Enforcement, Human Trafficking and Domestic Violence Safe and Rehabilitation Centers, Healthcare Facilities, Community Events, and Social Services Agencies Through our Victim Services Program. In 2020, We Have Donated over 200 Rescue/New Beginnings Backpacks plus Other Items Throughout the South Shore and Tampa Bay areas.
• Offer Safe, Emergency Shelter for Families and Individuals that Need to be Removed Immediately Out of Harm’s Way. We also Provide Referral Services for Families and Individuals who Need Mental Health Guidance, Legal Services, Employment and Housing. In 2020, We have Helped Over 56 Struggling Families and Individuals in the South Shore Area.
• Provide Mentors and Tutors in Multiple Areas to Schools and Social Service Groups Involved in Human Trafficking, Domestic Violence and/or Involved in Helping Vulnerable Families. We Also Provide Other Resources to our Community Partners.
Jan 24 – CAHT General Meeting – Florida Room, 1 pm Movie event. Free
Each year the Victim Services Committee donates a special package to human trafficking survivors that are in rehabilitation. This year they have new robes and slippers, and we would love donations of gift cards to go with this special gift. Preferred gift cards that are easy for victims to use…
Nov. 22 General Meeting, 1 pm. Live! United Methodist Church, 1 pm, Major Nathaly Patterson with the Human Trafficking Task Force of St. Petersburg Police Department will be CAHT’s November 15 general meeting speaker. Major Patterson is a 28-year veteran of the police department, and she oversees School Resource Officers,…
Tuesday, Nov. 9 9 – Noon, United Methodist Church, 1210 W. Del. Webb Blvd, Sun City Center, LEC Center. John Mayo, LMHC, licensed therapist, and founder of Success 4 Kids & Families, will present a workshop: CONVERSATIONS TO MOTIVATE OTHERS, STRATEGIES TO ELICIT CHANGE The workshop is free, but please…
Oct. 18 1 pm, General Meeting, Zoom Invitation. Beth El Farmworker Ministries executive director Terista Matos-Post will be our guest speaker. Free. Make meeting reservation for zoom meeting by sending email to Annie Garrison, firstname.lastname@example.org
Beginning this month, CAHT will post Committee meetings so that everyone who would like toattend can do so. Healthcare Committee, Monday, Sept. 13 9:30 Zoom contact Annie Garrison email@example.com Events Committee: Friday, Sept. 24 10 am. Zoom contact Helen Depinto firstname.lastname@example.org Multicultural/Diversity Committee: Monday, regular meetings, live, Monday, Sept. 27…
Campaign Against Human Trafficking and Domestic Violence, known as CAHT, will host its fall kick-off with a special presentation on human trafficking, which will include a human trafficking survivor as one of the guest speakers. Because of COVID, this meeting will be a zoom one. The meeting is Monday, September…
Please post under education this Utube link – it is called: Human Trafficking – What Every Parent Should Know. Sponsored by Tampa Area PTA and School Board Human Trafficking Task Force. The Program was Thursday, Jan 7th 2021. There is good information
Human rights is moral principles or norms that describe certain standards of human behavior, and are regularly protected as legal rights in municipal and international law. Everyone born in this world has human rights that must be protected by the law. According to the United Nations, there are 30 basic…
Get Help. Report a Tip. Request Services.
1 (888) 373-7888
National Human Trafficking Resource Center
SMS: 233733 (Text "HELP" or "INFO")
Hours: 24 hours, 7 days a week
Languages: English, Spanish and 200 more languages
CAHT and its members do not discriminate against anyone for reasons of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, nationality, ethnicity, legal status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or expression, military status, in any of its activities or operations. CAHT complies with the Hillsborough County Human Rights Ordinance and Federal and State Non-discrimination regulations and laws.