OUR MISSION STATEMENT
CAHT’s mission is to support the fight against human trafficking and related domestic violence issues by providing educational awareness and prevention activities to schools and the community- at- large. The ten-year nonprofit works with multi-cultural groups in providing short-term housing and other basic needs to families as well as mentoring, scholarships, and referral services. They also donate needed funding and/or tangible items to at-risk youth, law enforcement, regional anti-human trafficking nonprofits, and rehabilitation homes and centers.
PO Box 5491, Sun City Center, Florida 33571, wwwsccblueheart.org
WHAT WE DO
CAHT-SouthShore is a registered nonprofit (501)(c)(3) all-volunteer organization offering funding and services throughout the tri-county area. We are located in Sun City Center, Florida.
• Prevention and Education Programs on Human Trafficking, Domestic Violence, Social Media, Pornography, Bullying, Senior Abuse and Trauma Signs Recognition to Area Schools, Healthcare Providers, Churches, County Social Agencies, Nonprofit Service Organizations, Clubs, Healthcare Facilities, and Food Pantries. Many of These Programs are Made Possible by Grants from Mission of the Month Grant from Sun City Center United Methodist Church, the Sun City Center Interfaith Council, Hillsborough County Commission on Human Trafficking, and our Generous Donors.
• Donate Funds and Services to an Array of Organizations and Schools who Support Efforts to Stop Human Trafficking and Domestic Violence Victims.
• Fund Scholarships for Struggling Teens and Others Who Would Not Be Able to Fulfill Their Education and Training Advancement Plans. We Focus on our Hispanic and Multi-cultural Communities. We also Offer Volunteer Mentoring to Students and Adults.
• Provide Tangible Items and Services to Law Enforcement, Human Trafficking and Domestic Violence Safe and Rehabilitation Centers, Healthcare Facilities, Community Events, and Social Services Agencies Through our Victim Services Program. In 2020, We Have Donated over 200 Rescue/New Beginnings Backpacks plus Other Items Throughout the South Shore and Tampa Bay areas.
• Offer Safe, Emergency Shelter for Families and Individuals that Need to be Removed Immediately Out of Harm’s Way. We also Provide Referral Services for Families and Individuals who Need Mental Health Guidance, Legal Services, Employment and Housing. In 2020, We have Helped Over 56 Struggling Families and Individuals in the South Shore Area.
• Provide Mentors and Tutors in Multiple Areas to Schools and Social Service Groups Involved in Human Trafficking, Domestic Violence and/or Involved in Helping Vulnerable Families. We Also Provide Other Resources to our Community Partners.
COMPASSIONATE LOVE IS FREE AND SO NEEDED RIGHT NOW! MANY IN OUR COMMUNITY WILL NOT BE ENJOYING VALENTINE’S DAY WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS. THERE WILL NOT BE BOXES OF CANDY, CUDDLY BEARS NOR SMILES.THIS MORNING I READ ONE OF NIKKI GIOVANNI’S FAMOUS LOVE POEMS, “LOVE IS” AND I AM SHARING…
CAHT Helped Provide Super Bowl Backpacks to Created Women Who Are On The Human Trafficking Front Line And Delivered Items To Children’s Home NetworkCampaign Against Human Trafficking and Domestic Violence Southshore, known as CAHT, provided 15 backpacks, heart pillows made by CAHT volunteer, Virginia Kimball, and a donation of $200…
Please post under education this Utube link – it is called: Human Trafficking – What Every Parent Should Know. Sponsored by Tampa Area PTA and School Board Human Trafficking Task Force. The Program was Thursday, Jan 7th 2021. There is good information
WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT – BECOME A NEW MEMBER OR RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP!$20 TO JOIN – APPLICATION ATTACHED Campaign Against Human Trafficking and Domestic Violence – Southshore, known as CAHT, invites you to join our 10-year-old, all volunteer nonprofit. Your 2021 dues support our efforts to stop the spread of…
In a new webinar format, this year’s summit brings together survivors, advocates, legal representatives, law enforcement, service providers, health professionals, and members of the public to provide training, awareness, and resources. The 2020 Human Trafficking Summit will offer a lineup of speakers from around the state and nation, and learning…
CAHT needs our members to sign up at $20 a year. The individuals and families we support need us more than ever during this pandemic! Special membership drive: a chance to win a drawing for a $75 dinner for two in appreciation for supporting CAHT. The CAHT Board is donating…
This month’s general meeting features Rev. Kenny Irby, Director, Community Intervention & Juvenile Outreach, St. Petersburg Police Department, as their guest speaker. Rev. Irby is senior pastor of the Historic Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church as well co-creator and president of the Men & Women in the Making Initiative, an…
CAHT January 18th General Meeting – The Grooming of Our Youth Campaign Against Human Trafficking and Domestic Violence, known as CAHT, will have a special speaker for their January 18 general meeting. January is National Human Trafficking month and CAHT has invited Dotti Groover-Skipper, a nationally known advocate in promoting…
Human rights is moral principles or norms that describe certain standards of human behavior, and are regularly protected as legal rights in municipal and international law. Everyone born in this world has human rights that must be protected by the law. According to the United Nations, there are 30 basic…
Nov. 19 – Hillsborough Public Schools, Great American Virtual Teach In. CAHT will be presenting!
Get Help. Report a Tip. Request Services.
1 (888) 373-7888
National Human Trafficking Resource Center
SMS: 233733 (Text "HELP" or "INFO")
Hours: 24 hours, 7 days a week
Languages: English, Spanish and 200 more languages
CAHT and its members do not discriminate against anyone for reasons of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, nationality, ethnicity, legal status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or expression, military status, in any of its activities or operations. CAHT complies with the Hillsborough County Human Rights Ordinance and Federal and State Non-discrimination regulations and laws.