OUR MISSION STATEMENT
CAHT’s mission is to support the fight against human trafficking and related domestic violence issues by providing educational awareness and prevention activities to schools and the community- at- large. The ten-year nonprofit works with multi-cultural groups in providing short-term housing and other basic needs to families as well as mentoring, scholarships, and referral services. They also donate needed funding and/or tangible items to at-risk youth, law enforcement, regional anti-human trafficking nonprofits, and rehabilitation homes and centers.
PO Box 5491, Sun City Center, Florida 33571, wwwsccblueheart.org
WHAT WE DO
CAHT-SouthShore is a registered nonprofit (501)(c)(3) all-volunteer organization offering funding and services throughout the tri-county area. We are located in Sun City Center, Florida.
• Prevention and Education Programs on Human Trafficking, Domestic Violence, Social Media, Pornography, Bullying, Senior Abuse and Trauma Signs Recognition to Area Schools, Healthcare Providers, Churches, County Social Agencies, Nonprofit Service Organizations, Clubs, Healthcare Facilities, and Food Pantries. Many of These Programs are Made Possible by Grants from Mission of the Month Grant from Sun City Center United Methodist Church, the Sun City Center Interfaith Council, Hillsborough County Commission on Human Trafficking, and our Generous Donors.
• Donate Funds and Services to an Array of Organizations and Schools who Support Efforts to Stop Human Trafficking and Domestic Violence Victims.
• Fund Scholarships for Struggling Teens and Others Who Would Not Be Able to Fulfill Their Education and Training Advancement Plans. We Focus on our Hispanic and Multi-cultural Communities. We also Offer Volunteer Mentoring to Students and Adults.
• Provide Tangible Items and Services to Law Enforcement, Human Trafficking and Domestic Violence Safe and Rehabilitation Centers, Healthcare Facilities, Community Events, and Social Services Agencies Through our Victim Services Program. In 2020, We Have Donated over 200 Rescue/New Beginnings Backpacks plus Other Items Throughout the South Shore and Tampa Bay areas.
• Offer Safe, Emergency Shelter for Families and Individuals that Need to be Removed Immediately Out of Harm’s Way. We also Provide Referral Services for Families and Individuals who Need Mental Health Guidance, Legal Services, Employment and Housing. In 2020, We have Helped Over 56 Struggling Families and Individuals in the South Shore Area.
• Provide Mentors and Tutors in Multiple Areas to Schools and Social Service Groups Involved in Human Trafficking, Domestic Violence and/or Involved in Helping Vulnerable Families. We Also Provide Other Resources to our Community Partners.
Please post under education this Utube link – it is called: Human Trafficking – What Every Parent Should Know. Sponsored by Tampa Area PTA and School Board Human Trafficking Task Force. The Program was Thursday, Jan 7th 2021. There is good information
Journey with a human trafficking and domestic abuse survivor as she walks us through her childhood, domestic abuse issues, drug addiction and involvement in the human trafficking business in the Tampa Bay area. E (as we will call her) is now a proud mother and actively involved in saving other…
How are our area migrant families doing? Two guest speakers will share information about our migrant families concerns and issues in the south shore community. Ines Colon from Hillsborough County Public Schools Migrant Education Program and Teresita Matos-Post, executive director at Beth El Farmworkers Ministries in Wimauma, will educate us…
CAHT Second Annual Yard Sale a Smashing Success! Our community neighbors shopped until they dropped, giving CAHT a much-needed boost in donations. There were even non-shoppers who dropped by to donate their heart-felt support in cash and checks. Jean Harrison, the yard sale chair and host did an extraordinary job organizing the event. We…
INTRODUCTION TO “WALTZING MATILDA”The title is Australian slang for traveling by foot (waltzing) with a “sack” (called matilda) slung over your back. The song tells the story of an itinerant worker (or “swagman”) making a drink of tea at a bush camp and capturing a sheep to eat.This song speaks…
Campaign Against Human Trafficking and Domestic Violence – SouthShore, known as CAHT, March 15 general meeting will feature Heather Curry, Ph.D., Lead Projects Coordinator and Lead Staff for Hillsborough County Commission on Human Trafficking. Ms. Curry will share what the role of the Human Trafficking Commission is as well as…
February 13, 2022 Remodeling Life’s Choices Fashion Show and English Tea Party, 2-5 pm, Caloosa Club. More information forthcoming.
Human rights is moral principles or norms that describe certain standards of human behavior, and are regularly protected as legal rights in municipal and international law. Everyone born in this world has human rights that must be protected by the law. According to the United Nations, there are 30 basic…
Get Help. Report a Tip. Request Services.
1 (888) 373-7888
National Human Trafficking Resource Center
SMS: 233733 (Text "HELP" or "INFO")
Hours: 24 hours, 7 days a week
Languages: English, Spanish and 200 more languages
CAHT and its members do not discriminate against anyone for reasons of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, nationality, ethnicity, legal status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or expression, military status, in any of its activities or operations. CAHT complies with the Hillsborough County Human Rights Ordinance and Federal and State Non-discrimination regulations and laws.