It happens every day right in our community!
1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men will experience some form of domestic abuse in their lifetime.
Domestic violence is at the root of all human trafficking victims.
CAHT’s Safe Shelter program supports domestic violence victims in our area by providing safe shelter, counseling, rental assistance, clothing, food, and other basic needs.
- Fact: 4,774,000 women in the U S experience physical violence by an intimate partner yearly.
- Fact: Each year 2 million injuries and 1,300 deaths are caused because of domestic violence.
- Fact: Three women are murdered every day by an intimate partner.
- Fact: The long-term effects of domestic violence have a negative impact on a woman’s mental health, physical health, productivity, and overall financial stability.
- Fact: Domestic violence impact’s children and teens mental and physical health also, with long-term impacts, causing runaways, homelessness, and despair.
WARNING SIGNS OF EMOTIONAL ABUSE. ANY YOU RECOGNIZE?
1. Your partner attacks your self-worth and criticizes you.
2. Your partner controls your appearance.
3. Your partner shares sensitive information about you.
4. Your partner shuts conversation down.
5. Your partner gaslights you (turns your sense of reality or makes you doubt what you experience).